The UVA Library StatLab provides free statistics consulting and training to students, faculty and staff of the University of Virginia. We can help with the following:
- Statistical planning and sample size estimates
- Cleaning and wrangling data
- Selecting an appropriate statistical method
- Implementing and interpreting a statistical analysis
- Data visualization (ie, plotting or graphing)
- One-on-one training on statistical software
- Debugging or resolving issues with statistical software
To set up an appointment, email us: email@example.com.
To help us help you, please describe your research goals and/or any specific questions you have. Keep in mind that it may take a few meetings to completely address certain questions.
We are most comfortable working in R, Stata, SPSS, and to a lesser extent, SAS and Python. Some of our Research Data Service colleagues have expertise in Tableau, Qualtrics, and Dedoose.
If you need tutoring for a statistics class, the UVA Statistics department maintains a list of tutors.
You may also be interested in:
- Our data discovery services, for support finding and understanding existing data sources.
- Our Research Data Management services, for support reviewing data management plans, selecting appropriate active data storage, choosing a repository, and preparing research data for end-of-project archiving.
- Libra Data, UVA’s instance of Dataverse, where you can discover (and deposit) UVA datasets and other scholarly data. To learn more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subscribe to our monthly Research Data Services Newsletter to learn about new resources.