The UVA Library StatLab provides free statistics consulting and training to students, instructors, faculty, and staff of the University of Virginia. We can help with the following:
- Statistical planning and sample size estimates
- Cleaning and wrangling data
- Selecting an appropriate statistical method
- Implementing and interpreting a statistical analysis
- Data visualization (ie, plotting or graphing)
- One-on-one training on statistical software
- Debugging or resolving issues with statistical software
To set up an appointment, email us: email@example.com. We can work with you in person, over Zoom, or via email. Walk-in Hours are available during the fall and spring semesters.
To help us help you, please describe your research goals and/or any specific questions you have. Keep in mind that it may take a few meetings to completely address certain questions.
We are most comfortable working in R, Stata, SPSS, SAS, and to a lesser extent, Python. Some of our Research Data Service colleagues have expertise in Tableau, Qualtrics, and Dedoose.
We also teach free workshops and write articles and tutorials on various statistical topics.
If you need tutoring for a statistics class, the UVA Statistics department maintains a list of tutors.
You may also be interested in:
- Our data discovery services, for support finding and understanding existing data sources.
- Our Research Data Management services, for support reviewing data management plans, selecting appropriate active data storage, choosing a repository, and preparing research data for end-of-project archiving.
- Libra Data, UVA’s instance of Dataverse, where you can discover (and deposit) UVA datasets and other scholarly data. To learn more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subscribe to our monthly Research Data Services Newsletter to learn about new resources.