Research Software Support
The Research Software Support team can help you with obtaining, installing, and using site-licensed research software titles. The University of Virginia licenses many statistical, mathematical and scientific software packages for members of the University community. These tools may be:
- accessed via the UVa Hive,
- downloaded from the UVa Software Gateway,
- or used from computers throughout the libraries.
For more details on eligibility, installation and downloading, please click on the link to the product of interest at the right.
Contact us at email@example.com or come by our office hours in Brown Science & Engineering Library Room I043.
- Fall 2018 Open Office Hours Monday-Friday, 2:30-4:30
Subscribe to our monthly Research Data Services Newsletter to hear about new resources.
- July 4th, 2018: Major Change in Matlab for Faculty, Staff, and Students: Through the coordinated funding efforts of the SEAS, SoM, ITS, and the VP-IT, the University of Virginia has transitioned to a campus-wide license for MATLAB, Simulink, and companion toolboxes. The license covers on-campus and home software use for all instructors, staff, researchers, and students as well as classroom and lab installations.
- August 17th, 2017: SPSS is now available to ALL students, staff, and faculty under Teaching and Research Home Use program!