Esri Data for Education Programs
Esri Data for Education Programs contains demographic, lifestyle segmentation, and consumer spending data for a variety of geographic levels in the United States. They are in File Geodatabase Format for use with Esri ArcGIS software. For more information on the methodology used to derive these products visit Esri Demographics.
Census and ACS
The 2010 Census contains demographic data broken down by age, sex, and race and ethnicity and households by tenure. The ACS includes data on income, poverty status, education, the labor force, journey to work, languages spoken, migration, citizenship, ancestry, military service, and housing characteristics.
- 2008/2012 American Community Survey (2.25 GB) – variable list
- 2007/2011 American Community Survey (1 GB) – variable list
- 2010 Census Data (2.25 GB) – variable list
Current-year estimates and 5-year projections of U.S. demographic data for population, households, income, and housing.
- 2014/2019 Updated Demographics (2.5 GB) – variable list
- 2013/2018 Updated Demographics (1.1 GB) – variable list
U.S. residential areas are divided into 67 distinctive segments based on their socioeconomic and demographic composition. These segments are further classified into 14 LifeMode groups and 6 Urbanization groups.
- 2014 Tapestry Segmentation (1.5 GB) – variable list
- 2013 Tapestry Segmentation (1 GB) – variable list
Based on the Consumer Expenditure Surveys (CEX) from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, this dataset contains information on the products and services that consumers purchase.
Access restrictions: U.Va. faculty, staff, and students for teaching, research, or administrative purposes.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.