Data Discovery and Acquisition
Do you need help finding or accessing data for your research? Our Data Librarian can work with you to
- search for and locate existing data sources,
- access and use data sources, software tools, and online databases licensed by the Library,
- purchase “small” data sets as part of our managed collection,
- understand data documentation and codebooks.
You may also be interested in:
- Our UVA StatLab, where you can get expert guidance on data wrangling and processing, data visualization and analysis, statistical modeling and computational methods.
- Our Research Data Management services, for support reviewing data management plans, selecting appropriate active data storage, choosing a repository, and preparing research data for end-of-project archiving.
- Libra Data, UVA’s instance of Dataverse, where you can discover (and deposit) UVA datasets and other scholarly data. To learn more, contact email@example.com.
- Subscribe to our monthly Research Data Services Newsletter to learn about new resources.