Research Data Management
Our Research Data Management services consult with researchers on how to collect, document, organize, store, share, and preserve your research data throughout your project, and after it is completed.
- We can help you meet funder requirements, including assistance in drafting and reviewing data management plans, selecting appropriate active data storage, choosing a repository, and preparing research data for end-of-project archiving.
- Curious about the Data Life Cycle? Visit our Data Life Cycle section to learn more about the steps for good research data management.
- Do you have questions about data sharing? We can help you determine the best approach for sharing your data during your project and after it has completed. The Data Management Components section provides access to many useful resources.
- Do you need information about the data management requirements of the Federal Agencies that provide research funding? Visit the Federal Agency Funding Guidelines page!
- To learn more about best practices to insure your research data will continue to be available in the future, send us an email (email@example.com).
- Or visit our Research Data Management Guide with the most current information available, including requirements and DMP templates for NSF, NIH, NEH, DOT, IES, DOE, CDC, and NOAA.
You may also be interested in:
- Our StatLab, where you can get expert guidance on data wrangling and processing, data visualization and analysis, statistical modeling and computational methods.
- Our data discovery services, for support finding and understanding existing data sources.
- Libra Data, UVA’s instance of Dataverse, where you can deposit and discover UVA datasets and other scholarly data. To learn more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Grants and Funding Subject Guide explains how to use the Pivot and GrantForward funding discovery tools licensed by the Vice President for Research, provides links to additional resources, and resources to help you write the perfect proposal.
- Subscribe to our monthly Research Data Services Newsletter to learn about new resources.
We are currently offering new workshops! We have moved the archive of previous workshops to the Past Workshop Materials page. If you have topic ideas for other workshops, would like to know more about a particular topic, or would like to arrange a meeting to discuss your research data management needs and concerns, please email us at email@example.com.
The NSF has released the 2018 version of their PAPPG (NSF 17-1) Proposal and Award Policies & Procedures Guide which will be effective January 30, 2018.