Data Science Resources
Free (-ish) resources we like:
- UCLA’s IDRE collection of examples using R, SAS, SPSS, and Stata
- Sage Research Methods Online — particularly the “Little Green Books” (available through the UVA Library)
- Safari Tech Books Online (available through the UVA Library)
- Gareth James, Daniela Witten, Trevor Hastie and Robert Tibshirani’s Introduction to Statistical Learning, with Applications in R.
- Jeff Leek’s The Elements of Data Analytic Style.
- Andrew Gelman’s Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science
- Rafa Irizarry, Roger Peng, and Jeff Leek’s Simply Statistics
- Nathan Yau’s Flowing Data
- Randall Munroe’s xkcd
- Dolph Schluter’s R tips pages at the University of BC
- Rob Kabacoff’s Quick-R site
- R-Bloggers, a digest of R news and tutorials contributed by R users
- Mad (Data) Scientist, Norman Matloff’s personal blog on R and data science
- RStudio’s library of cheatsheets