Consults & Collaborations
Statistical, computational, and data analysis consulting services are free to the University of Virginia research community. We’re available to provide advice, training or feedback on research projects. Come visit us in Brown Science & Engineering Library. To set up an appointment (typically 1 hour), email us: email@example.com. You may also want to peruse our collection of articles on various statistical topics.
To help us make the best use of our time, please describe your overall research goals and any specific questions you have. Keep in mind that it can take several meetings to completely address many questions. We want to provide the best possible help and this often requires some time to ponder on our own.
For statistical software licensing and support email firstname.lastname@example.org. For support preparing data management plans or preparing your data for preservation and sharing, email email@example.com.
What we can do:
- Assist with study design and statistical planning for grant proposals
- Help with graphical displays and data presentation
- Consult on choice and application of statistical methods
- Aid in understanding and interpreting statistical analysis
- Help in the use of statistical software, in collaboration with our Research Software Support
What we can’t do:
- Provide statistics tutoring for classes
- Assist with problem sets and projects assigned by course instructors
- Collect, enter, or clean research data for you
- Perform or write up your statistical analysis
- Turn back time to meet urgent deadlines (You should never cross your own timeline.)
- Change the laws of physics (Captain)
Graduate students seeking consultation on their thesis or dissertation work, on projects for which they serve as research assistants, or on collaborative proposals are responsible for making their chairs, PIs, or co-authors aware they are using the StatLab services.