There are a variety of data, computational, and research support services across campus beyond those offered by Research Data Services. We’ve started a list below to help researchers become aware of available resources.
Other University Library Resources
- Scholars’ Lab, home to digital and experimental humanities staff and resources as well as GIS experts.
- Robertson Media Center, providing staff and resources for digital imaging, audiovisual production, 2D/3D animation, visualization and delivery of media content
- Libra, and Libra Data, University Library Repository for University scholarship and data. Learn more here.
University Resources & Communities
- Computational and Data Resource Exchange (CADRE), providing a comprehensive list of the software, services, training opportunities, storage solutions, and computational hardware available to UVA scholars engaged in computationally- or data-intensive research, including Advanced Research Computing Resources (ARCS)
- UVA Data Science Institute, an institute for large scale, complex data analysis; the DSI supports multiple centers on grounds, including: Center for Automata Processing; Center for Big Data Ethics, Law, and Policy; Center for the Study of Data and Knowledge; Center for Information Engineering and Analytics
- DH@UVA, a point of entry to the Digital Humanities at the University of Virginia
- Makers@UVA, resources about makerspaces across grounds
- Quantitative Collaborative (QC), a community of quantitative scholars in the social, behavioral, and economic sciences
- The Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service, including the Center for Survey Research (CSR), for design, implementation, collection, and analysis of surveys; the Demographics Research Group (DRG), providing meaningful data and custom- designed research on the Virginia population, education, and workforce development; and the Center for Economic and Policy Studies (CEPS), providing economic data and expertise to government
- Information Technology Services (ITS), including the Software Gateway, the access point for University-licensed research software, and hosting services
- Institutional Review Boards for Health Sciences, Social, and Behavioral Research
- University Copyright, Patent, and Conflict of Interest Policies
Health Science Resources
- Health Sciences Library Research & Data Services, offering expertise in information and data management
- BioConnector, a collaboration to provide coordinated research support services to the University of Virginia biomedical research community
- PHS@the Library, providing consultations in basic data collection, management, and biomedical statistics for researchers in the Health System
- Bioinformatics Core, providing bioinformatics consulting and data analysis solutions on grant-funded and chargeback-based projects for management and analysis of large-scale biological datasets produced by high-throughput genomics experiments
- Public Health Sciences Consulting & Collaboration Support, assisting health researchers with study design, data analysis, statistical graphics, outcomes and comparative effectiveness research, data base development and management charged on an hourly rate
- School of Medicine Research Computing, supporting computational biomedical research