Data Management Components
A data management plan is a formal document that outlines what you will do with your data during and after you complete your research.
There are multiple components to consider when formulating a plan, including:
- Where and how to archive and share data
- Why and how to cite data
- Data privacy & copyright and intellectual property rights
- Documenting the data
- File Formats and Data Types
- Check out a video created by one of our interns describing different data types.
- Organizing files and tracking changes
- check out these slides, for a quick overview on Data Collection and Spreadsheets .
- And for detailed information on file and directory naming, check out slides on File-Directory-Organization
- And for more detailed information on quality assurance and file transformations, check out our slides on QA and Transformations.
- Storage, security, & backups
- For a quick overview on Best Practices for storing and securing your data check out these slides.